With interpretations ranging from strict to fully recontextualized, Kagel Nacht breaths new life into these important and underperformed works by joining them into one, multi-stage, panoramic, evening-length event that brings a new meaning to “musical theater.” Review from the first performance of Kagel Nacht described it as “simply impressively spectacular” (DuYun, ICE composer), the “best evening [of new music] in New York...in a long time” (Daria Fain, choreographer), and as “bewunderswerte” (Beth Griffith, vocalist/collaborator of Kagel).
Kagel Nacht is currently touring the North-East, performing for universities as well as underground venues, art spaces, and other communities, giving people access to the world of classical and avant-garde music through the universal appeal of Kagel's profound and absurd compositions. In order to limit costs and emissions, they are traveling on a school-bus-turn-tour-bus, that runs on waste vegetable oil.
Kagel Nacht will feature the musical and theatrical artistry of:
- Rick Burkhardt - orator, accordion
- Stephe Cooper - producer, glockenspiel, guitar
- Sam Kulik - trombone
- Jordan Mclean - trumpet, conductor, arranger
- Jason Mears - clarinet, saxophone
- Roberta Michel - flute, piccolo
- Geoff Nosach - lighting, set design
- Sam Sowyrda - producer, conductor, percussion
- Dennis Sullivan - percussion